3070MB RAM
Hard Drive:
623 GB
Video Card:
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT
Monitor:
DELL 22" Widescreen
Sound Card:
Speakers / Headphones (SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC)
Speakers/Headphones:
Logitech Clearcomfort
Keyboard:
Razer Reclusa
Mouse:
Razer Deathadder
Mouse Surface:
Razer ExactMat
Operating System:
Windows Vistaâ„¢ Home Premium

This is my current system.

I wish to upgrade it as optimally as possible, spending up to £250.

My first concern is random access memory - would 2GB more make much difference? I feel that 1GB is almost necessary given the amount of apps I run spontaneously.

My second concern is graphics card/s - do I keep my 8800GT and buy a slightly newer model that will be compatible to run along side it? If so how? Or, would it be better to buy an even newer model to simply replace the 8800GT?

As far as CPU and Motherboards go, I have little experience and am unsure whether either would need upgrading.

Any comments appreciated, thank you for your time,

W1S3B0Y

Obviously Modern Warfare 2, which I cannot run on Extra/Extra/Extra as the game crashes. I believe it is due to either no free RAM (as my counter pushes into the last 100MB frequently when running with that quality) or my graphics card. Although I run at Extra/High/High perfectly, I am someone who likes to get the most out of my machine and game.

Then there is of course Crysis, which, if I want to run it with a nice smooth FPS, has to have graphics averaging between low and medium.

Basically, I just want to make my PC more top end, and to keep it at this higher end for the next two years or so. If you don't think any changes are really necessary, or that it would be worth holding on for now then let me know.

Thanks,

W1S3B0Y

Argh, I accidentally typed my reply into a new post...

Any chance of accepting that post, copying and pasting my reply, and then deleting it for me mod? :S

Cheers,

Ok well basically...

I run MW2 and cannot run it on Extra/Extra/Extra, just Extra/High/High due to either RAM or Graphical issues I am unsure.

Crysis lingers at low to medium which is undesirable.

Unsure whether maybe I should be a bit more tolerant and wait a little while longer before I make some more appropriate major changes?

Ok well basically...

I run MW2 and cannot run it on Extra/Extra/Extra, just Extra/High/High due to either RAM or Graphical issues I am unsure.

Crysis lingers at low to medium which is undesirable.

Unsure whether maybe I should be a bit more tolerant and wait a little while longer before I make some more appropriate major changes?

so it just comes down to gaming performance

8800GT will only run with another 8800GT, cause they are tight like that

plus I am not even sure if your computer can support dual graphic cards

upgrade your GPU and you should see a substantial increase in your gaming performance

I want to say upgrade to the Ati HD 5870 but it's quite rare.... or so I've heard

but since Crysis is a Nvidia game, how 'bout a Nvidia GTX 275?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom