Upgrading to Vista Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulG5372

Solid State Member
Hi, I'm going to be upgrading my 1.5 year old desktop to windows vista ultimate when I go home for thanksgiving from college. I am just planing to clean install and start fresh. I have 1.5GB's of ram and a 3.2 Ghz Intel P4 processor. The windows tool to see if everything is compatible found no problems. My question is how difficult is this upgrade going to be? Will I have to download a bunch of new drivers for my hardware or should most things run like they are supposed to?

You may need new drivers, but since you're staying on a 32-bit system, I don't think you'll have too many problems.

from what I've seen and heard, XP is way better for the time being.

Microsoft totally rushed on Vista and messed everyone up on it.

from what I've seen and heard, XP is way better for the time being.

Microsoft totally rushed on Vista and messed everyone up on it.

I agree if you already have XP installed, and are looking to replace it with Vista. You won't get much benifit from Vista over your current XP operating system.

However, if your buying your first OS for the machine, might as well get Vista.

Well, I am getting it for $20 and upgrading some more stuff too, putting a new DVD drive and some more RAM in so I figured I might as well upgrade the OS too. So it shouldn't be too difficult?

1.5gb is going to be pushing it as far as specs go, same with the single core pentium. If you are getting it for 20 bucks by all means test it out, but you may want to switch back to xp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom