Upgrading Video Card/power Supply: Tower Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

smithy928

Solid State Member
I'm currently trying to upgrade my computer with a graphics card for gaming. My main issue is whether or not a new power supply and graphics card will be able to fit inside of my tower.

My computer is a Lenovo 3000 H210 57094408 Desktop PC, and the "form factor" of the case is "minitower". Can a DiabloTek PHD650 650-Watt Power Supply fit inside of a minitower case? Its form factor is listed as "ATX" but I read online that some power supplies are able to fit in many different form factors, is there any way to check for certain?

Secondly, the graphics card i was looking at is a EVGA GeForce GTS 250 Video Card. I've been looking everywhere online but I've had trouble finding out if this card can fit inside of a minitower as well.

Sorry for the newby question, let me know if it was too vague. I'm clueless about hardware upgrades so I'm not sure what I'm doing!

Thanks in advance.

I'd measure the space you have in your computer and see if it allows them to fit (should be able to find specifications for the size of card/psu manufacturer's website).

it's not really a "mini" tower, it's a mid tower. "mini tower" must be a term they made up because i cant find any info on it. there is no such thing as a "mini tower". so any standard ATX PSU will work

Newegg.com - Antec Basiq BP500U 500W Continuous Power ATX12V Version 2.01 Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

Newegg.com - XFX GS250XYDFC GeForce GTS 250 512MB Core Edition 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

and yes the GTS 250 above should fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom