Upgrading Video Card Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
theprofessor17 said:
i bought mine off of hp a few months ago when i didnt know anything about computers... and it came with a real piece of crap video card.. something like a realtek intel family chipset... at least i have a 3.06 ghz processor and 1.5 gigs of ram... any advice for the best pci video card i can get out of those 3 links?

the first link really is broken, unless you have fixed it in the last three seconds, i thought that you were talking about a really old PC(hence the PCI). but if you only bought it a few months ago and with that high spec, i should think that you have at least agp

You should consider getting a whole new system or at least a new mobo, CPU because either way a PCI graphics card isn't going to get you very far, you can practically kiss your hopes of playing bf2 goodbye.

can you guys recommend a decent mobo that would support my type of ram and my intel processor...

DDR2 SDRAM
and a intel pentium 4 processor with ht

Since he's linking to Dell's site, I assume he has a Dell. I mean, why else would you buy parts from Dell? If you do have a Dell, don't even worry about upgrading the motherboard. It's not going to happen. I highly suggest saving your funds and work towards buying a new PC, preferrably building your own.

KMOTE said:
thats shocking i have a Dell XPS T500 form like 7 years ago and a packard bell from ~3 years ago and both have agp ports

Well, I know the P.O.S. '98 350mhz Dell Dimension in my dining room doesn't have an AGP. I sure hope his isn't that old, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom