Upgrading video card for gaming....GTX 470?

Status
Not open for further replies.

USMC1889

Beta member
Hello,

I am looking to upgrade my graphics card for PC gaming and came here looking for some assistance. I have played most of my games on fairly high settings for a while and now Battlefield 3 has come out and put me in graphics shock.:silly: I have to play it on low to medium settings to be able to play decently and I'm not used to it at all after having all of my other games before run so much higher. According to Fraps, I am only getting about 20-30 frames per second when I play with the lower settings I have it at.

Soooo, I'm looking to get a better card so I can enjoy the game on higher settings and get a better frame rate.

My current PC specs are:

Dell XPS 630i
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz 3.01 GHz
RAM: 4GB
Video Card: Nvidia Geforce GTS 240
64-bit Operating System
PSU: 750 Watt MAX model DT50E

Not sure what all information yall need so let me know if there is anything else that I need to provide.

I am hoping to only spend around $150-$200 and hopefully get a quality card out of it.

I was eyeing up the Nvidia Geforce GTX 470 listed here at Newegg
----->Newegg.com - Galaxy 70XKH3HS3CUB GeForce GTX 470 (Fermi) 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

What do you guys think of that one? Decent and will it be compatible with my system? I'm guessing video cards are pretty much plug and play or no?

Thank you in advance!

That card will be a good improvement over your current card performance wise.

Card is compatible with the PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom