Upgrading RAM/Video/installing internal wifi

Status
Not open for further replies.

hesson81

Baseband Member
My girl frind has a dell desktop I think it's like a pentium 4 inspiron.

My question is this. How do I find out how much RAM the mother board will accept?? She has 512MB right now and I wanted to up grade to 2gb. (How can I find out the chips in there ie. two 256MBs or one 512MB)

I want to also install an internal Wifi card so we can move it somewhere else in the house, I noticed on E-bay they are fairly inexpensive (25$ or so). How can I find out if it's compatible with her computer?

Last. I want to give her Video/Graphics a little bit more of a boost, another one how can i find out if they are compatible??

I guess in general, where can I go on the computer and find out stuff like that. Like how many available slots are on the mother board stuff like that??

Not only am I just trying to upgrade her system, but also expand my knowledge a little bit....

any help is appreciated..

Thanks
Jeff

First thing we need if the model number.

From that, we can give you the links to get more ram, a wireless adapter, and a newer graphics card.

You come here to expand your knowledge and to find computer stuff. It is the best place to do so, and we do our best to help you.

Thanks for that download. I havn'e used it yet mean while here's the model number...

76477-OEM-0011903-00102

Thanks for your help

Jeff

Holy cr--, I feel like I'm...........my girl friend.

Yea pretty simple, right in from of me. Demension 3000

You can use up to 2GB of DDR 333 PC2700 memory or 2GB of DDR 400 PC3200 memory.

Both of which are about the same price.

The WiFi card is the same deal, it will just fit into one of the PCI slots.

Newegg.com - CORSAIR ValueSelect 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

I have this RAM, and it hasn't let me down.

As for the video card I really don't know PCI that well, but I found this one newegg...

Newegg.com - POWERCOLOR 24PRO256M PCI Radeon HD 2400PRO 256MB 64-bit GDDR2 PCI HDCP Ready Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Thoughts anyone?

Wow thanks so much, now I know what I need to get and how much the mother board will support.

Question: How do you know that. See I have two PC's and I would like to know how you gathered that info. I'm not to Comp illiterate, I just don't know where to find that stuff..

THanks so much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom