upgrading RAM in HP m8307c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonschild

Solid State Member
I have a PC that I am trying to upgrade with some leftover parts I have laying around. The PC is a HP m8307c the motherboard is a IPIBL-LB (asus) intel board. I have checked out the HP site for specs on the board because for some reason Asus does not list this model on their site. HP info says that it will take DDR2 800 RAM up to 2GB sticks with a max of 8GB for 64bit OS which its running. I cannot get the computer to boot up with two sticks of 2GB DDR2 800 RAM however after removing one of them I was able to boot the PC. Does anyone know what is going on here? I checked the bios to see if there was something I could change there but since its a HP I think they don't allow certain things. I can look at the RAM Installed in the BIOS but I cannot do anything with the settings.

Any thoughts?

*edit*

So I was messing around with the PC just now and I added the 2 old 1GB stick of RAM in with the new 2GB stick and the computer booted up fine, so I said what the heck and I stuck the second 2GB stick in and filled all four slots and it worked fine! I don't understand what the difference is with having two or four sticks of RAM for everything to work right but whatever! HAH I guess persistence rules the day on this one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom