hello! new to the forums here.
i'm looking for some guidance in upgrading my RAM from 2gb to 4gb. i'm of mild technical knowledge. built my machine with the help of a friend.
i have the following Gigabyte board : Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3R LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
since i built it, i've been using the following RAM with no issues at all: Newegg.com - Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory
my RAM now is DDR2 800 (2x1gb). i think my mobo can handle DDR2 1066. one question i have is is there a noticeable difference between 800 - 1060?
the list of "approved RAM" on Gigabytes web site is meager. there is only one 2gb stick listed.
what i'm looking for is suggestions on what would be a relatively safe bet for me to upgrade from what i have (2x1gb) to (2x2gb) what do i need to take into consideration?
i do intend on pulling the old ram, just to clarify that.
thanks in advance!!!
• Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 2.66GHz 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor
• GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3R LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard
• EVGA GeForce 9800 GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 (512-P3-N971-TR)
• Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800
• HT OMEGA CLARO Plus+ 7.1 Channels 24-bit 192KHz PCI Interface Sound Card
• Seagate Barracuda – 320gb – 7200rpm – 16mb cache