Upgrading RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

sikkhost

Beta member
We have a Dell Dimension 4500 Desktop an old one as an office computer, we want to upgrade the RAM and I found this RAM after reading up and seeing that OCZ is suppose to provide quality ram..

OCZ 512MB PC3200 DDR Memory

I looked on the Dell Website for the ram specifically for that computer and it said PC3200 DDR Memory with 184 Pins and 400MHZ so that should all be compatible.

What I am wondering is how well it will work to just add this RAM into the system and have it run alongside of the current 256MB Ram from dell that came with the system? WIll there be any problems? Or would we just be way better off to get 2 512MB sticks and replace the current RAM?

Thanks for your help!

In another post someone had an issue with that ram and dell, i suggested getting kingston because i new someone with a dell who could only use kingston memory

Someone had an issue running OCZ Ram on a dell? I don't actually have an issue, I haven't purchased the RAM yet so I was asking for advice. Where did you hear that Kingston is the only RAM to work with Dell?

i dont think its the only ram that works on a dell but i no for a fact it does.

The other post the person couldnt run ocz ram and had to send it back.. i havent heard if this person got any new ram yet..

Yeah but just because Dell sells Kingston memory does that mean only Kingston memory will work on Dell computers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom