Upgrading questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ex_nihilo

Baseband Member
Hi all, I would like your advice on me upgrading my eMachines T6520 which has a AMD Athlon 3400, 1 gig of ram and I put a Radeon x700 Pro a while ago. I was thinking of getting another gig of ram to make it a total of 2. I've used crucial.com to make sure i get a compatible type here's the link: Computer memory upgrades for eMachines T6520 Desktop/PC from Crucial.com
Now I was thinking of getting the Nvidia 9600gt also, so I was wondering if I'd have to get a new psu if so what kind. I'm planning on playing Cnc3, Spore, Battleforge. Would there be any bottlenecking with this?

I couldn't find what PSU that system uses, so I wouldn't be able to tell you if you need a new one.
For your ram, just make sure it's DDR and is 400Mhz, so if you can find a stick with those specs anywhere cheaper than the site you linked, grab it. It'll be supported by your system.

To be honest, that system isn't that great. You can build a much better system for $500 (excluding monitor and OS). I'd suggest buying some new core components (Cpu, gfx card, mobo, psu, ram, hdd)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom