Upgrading Questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disregard the last post. I found out that out of a AM2 socket or a 939 socket my pc has the 939 socket so whats the best cpu i can get for it without upgrading the mobo. I am currently looking at the X2s or the FXs.??

hmmmmmmmm. a AMD Athlon FX-60 costs $1,500 a bit out of my price range.

Should i buy a Amd Athlon 64 3800+ Processor or save up buy a new mobo and cpu if possible or buy a new computer or buy my little bro an average card and buy something like a sound card or more ram?

Save up, buy a new PC, then buy your little bro a video card. They are cheap these days....

Hmmm........ i'm not gonna buy a new pc i think i will custom build one. All i need is a mobo with am2 cpu sockets, an am2 processor, i already have the graphics card and hard drive, i might need to buy new ram since mine is the old ddr......... I reckon i can get the mobo for $100-, Processor for $100 -$150, and some 2gb ddr2 ram for <$100 and and a psu for $50 and $100 for a case which brings it to a total of $500 (exc. postage) and Dell wants me to pay AUD $1,499 for a computer which is worse than that!

Well since I can't be bothered working that long I will just buy the graphics card for my little bro and a psu for me which i will put into my custom pc when i can afford the other parts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom