Upgrading Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would a 6600GT for $40 be a good idea for me? I know it's not great, but I only plan on doing some basic 3D modeling, so I don't know how great of a card I need. What about a 7600GS for $65? Is that a better deal?

The 6600GT is the better deal there IMO. The 6600GT and 7600GS are very close.....i would jsut get the cheaper one.

If you don't plan on doing any heavy gaming, the 6100 chipset will handle what you need. A frien at work has the 6100 and can play Civ4 with it, along with various shooters.

I wish I waited, I didn't want the deals to end (there was a case that after the rebate was free)... I selected the 7600GS.

My parents agreed to pay part of the cost (half of what I paid, $135), and I pretty much utilized all of it. I got a 3800+ 2.4GHZ AM2 (I have stock cooling, but I should be able to overclock a little right), 7600GS, and 1GB of DDR667 RAM. Pretty nice huh? I got a combo deal with the hard drive and PSU and got $35 off from it. All for just a little over $400 after shipping.

I don't plan on doing any heavy gaming like FPSs or anything, infact I don't plan on any gaming at all, though if I was to play a game, Civ4 and Europa Universalis 3 (which I believe is even less graphically intensive) would be it. I have and played both Europa Universalis 2 and Civ3 on my current computer, but now I can upgrade my games too I guess, though I don't know how to run them on Linux. But really the video card was for 3D modeling, I didn't know to the extent which a video card would help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom