Upgrading PSU...need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ministrike

Solid State Member
Hi my PSU is broken, keeps crashing my PC, switches monitor off (no signal) and gives me looping audio.

My PC : Information and Instructions - IMEDIA MC 2569 - PB34330401 - iMedia - platform_honeymoon_imedia - Desktop

I'm pretty much useless with computers, and im struggling to find info on which PSU's I can buy.. i'm wanting to buy a new PSU from Play.com (UK): DVDs, Music CDs, MP3s, Video Games, Books, Electronics & Gadgets - Free Delivery - Search Results: power supply unit

I have looked on the packard bell website for my PC and they don't seem to offer any advice for PSU's

I have a Nvidia GeForce 9600 GT gfx card.

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to which PSU's I should be looking at? I have a price range of around £25

Thanks in advance

What you need to do is open up the side panel, and read the sticker on the psu that tells the power out put.

It'll say how many Watts, like 400W, AND how many Amps on the 12V rail. This is important too.

Also, I assume from the pictures it's a normal sizxe case/psu.

And welcome to the forum.

What you need to do is open up the side panel, and read the sticker on the psu that tells the power out put.

It'll say how many Watts, like 400W, AND how many Amps on the 12V rail. This is important too.

Also, I assume from the pictures it's a normal sizxe case/psu.

And welcome to the forum.

Hi, thanks for the reply... I opened up the side panel and this is what it says on the side of the PSU

AC INPUT: 220-230V
DC OUTPUT: +3.3V & +5V = 115W Max (Total output continuous shall not exceed 250watts).

Missing the 12V amp number... theres a little chart that usually says it.

Oops, It's a normal size one too, forgot to say that..

Errm theres this kinda chart that you might be talking about:

+3.3V --- 17.0A (ORG), +5V --- 18.0A (RED), +12V1 --- 8.0A (YEL)
+5Vab --- 2.0A (PURP), -12V --- 0.3A (BLUE), +12v2 --- 14.0A (YEL/BLK)
P.G. SIGNAL (GRAY), GROUND (BLACK)

Thanks :) erm its not essential that its from that site, but I was buying speakers from there too thats all.. which is the best for me that you can see from the play.com site?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom