Upgrading the Processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jayj2k1 said:
I looked in my manual and it didn't state anything as far as installing
i meant to say the manual that comes with the processor.

and also, get at least a gig of ram since ur doing some editing with photoshop. and yah ur better off wid a P4 with HT (2.8-3.0GHz)

Ok I appreciate ya on that. I guess I will just go with the 3.0 ghz. I have one more question though. If I'm the type that can't wait for something, do you think that price difference of about $40 is a big deal? I know if I order online its going to take like a good week before it comes and I can't deal with that.

You figure everything will come close to the same price if I added the Next Day Shipping on my order anyway right?

either yes or no. well if u r one of those impatient people, you're better off buying it in stores but if price is a concern to you, you're gon' have to find the best deals online. i shop @newegg.com cuz they have the best deals and their shipping is great (3-day shipping)

also, most online shops also includes a shipping calculator so u can figure out the cost and the estimated arrival to get it to u.

I feel you on that. I guess I will try to do the Newegg thing and see how I like it. At least I know what I need though now. I greatly appreciate all your help mike. I would give you rep points if they had some type of system like that.

Before you buy, check out ZipZoomFly. Thay offer free 2-day FedEx shipping on many items (including CPUs).

Here's a link to their socket 478 CPUs:
http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductList.jsp?ThirdCategoryCode=010408

3.4 - $283.90
3.2 - $231.80
3.0 - $186.60
2.8 - $178.00

Oh, and you definately want to bump up your RAM. Your mobo supports up to two gigs, and image manipulation needs plenty of RAM.

Good post trott. So once I upgrade this bad boy to a P4 3.0 at least and upgrade the memory to let's say...... 1.5 gb, that thing should fly right?

I'm even thinking about getting into PC gaming. Well of course I need to get a better video card. You really can't do that much with PCI. What do you think of the ATI 9250 PCI Card?

Anyway, I think I might just order online and just have patience and wait for the product to come. I would really be a fool to pay extra money in store. Its just that sometimes I don't have patience for that ****.

Do you think I can upgrade to a 3000 on a MicroStar MS-6330 2.1 mobo? I got the details from the manu and its saying they recommend no higher then 2800

If you're concerned with shipping time, follow Trotter's advice. The 3 day shipping on Newegg isn't any good because it's UPS. UPS really blows. My most recent '3 day shipping' package took 8 days (6 business days). I was pretty flaming mad and won't support UPS anymore.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom