Not open for further replies.

Raquinator

Solid State Member
Cooling Fans - 4
80GB Hard Drive
Corsair 4GB Ram
Cooler Master Power Supply
Motherboard/Processor Combo

These are the parts that I am planning on getting. The sound/video card defaults in the motherboard are pretty nice, so I don't plan on getting those separately. The case I'm using is an old one - rebuilding the PC.

This is my first build, so I'm unsure of what to check as far as compatibility and whether or not the parts will work together. I checked things like DDR2 memory, ATA hard drive, etc. but the cables may have issues. Like, I have a floppy disk that has an IDE-like cable so I don't know if that would work or what not.

Any advice/suggestions are appreciated. I'm on a bit of a tight budget, but these parts seems to fit my needs pretty well.

It's a $500 budget. Right now it's around $440, without tax. But I'd still like to keep it as low as possible.

By the egg do you mean New Egg? Also, with the motherboard, it said it could only handle 2 x 2GB Ram. Since it has two slots, couldn't it technically handle 2 x 4GB Ram?

Ah, forgot to mention this. Not exactly for any particular reason, but I'm looking for an Intel processor, not AMD. (Even though the Phenom is...well, phenomenal.) I already have two disk drives, so I should be fine with that.

EDIT: And for the processor, at least 3.0 GHz. Trying to make it a cost-effective gaming computer. Not entirely worried about the Hard Drive space as I'll probably get an external HD for it later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom