Upgrading PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

GByte

Baseband Member
Whats good everybody..im new to the site...obviously ...but im looking forward to getting as much info anywhere i can. Ive been interested in computers for about 10years. I've done few upgrades pertaining to software/OS but still a little shaky on a few other hardware issues. But i want to re-do my desktop.

I have a Dell Dimension 4700..fried my motherboard putting it into a Super 939 Mid-Tower ATX PC Case/550w 9" Mega Side Fan. But im not sure where some of the new cable components connect to the new motherboard..i have a Pentium 4, 2.8ghz processor so i was told to get a 478 socket board for compatibility(chip has pins) and i still have the 1gb of ram.but would want to upgrade later on

I know its a lot for a first post lol but any help, pointers or advice would be greatly appreciated

I'm looking to spend up to $200(flexible) i already ordered an Intel i875 Chipset Socket 478 Motherboard C27085.
Curently:
Ram 1 Gb(2x256mb and 1x512mb)..looking to upgrade to one 1gb ram or a 2gb
Processor: Pentium 4 2.8ghz
Case: Super 939 Mid-Tower ATX PC Case/550w 9" Mega Side Fan

What are some other specs should i look for if any to really make it a worthwhile upgrade

yea i can cancel it...this other bundle pack is all and more so its definitely worth it
cant wait to see how it turns out...ill b sure to let you know

Thx

No sweat, mate. With tech as old as what you currently have it's just not worth the cost to keep it up. Especially with as cheap as some of today's tech is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom