Upgrading my PC and need suggestions, advice and some help. - Page 3 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > System Upgrades
Closed Thread
Old 04-26-2011, 08:32 PM   #21 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Re: Upgrading my PC and need suggestions, advice and some help.

Okay I downloaded Driver Sweeper and installed it. Then I booted into safe mode and used driver sweeper. Saw the nvidia graphic drivers in the list. I checked them then cleaned them. Rebooted and then restarted back in safe mode and used driver sweeper on the ati drivers. Rebooted then went back into safe mode made sure they were all gone. They were. Rebooted then windows installed the drivers for the HD 5670 card. Then restarted and used the 11.3 Catalyst install. Now all done with that. Still seems to be using about 1 gig of ram while doing nothing.

and now I don't have the Catalyst controll center down in the bottom right screen or in the programs list. I need some help.

Oh my windows experience index on graphics went from a 2.0 to a 5.9 after the new card and a 2.1 to a 5.9 on gaming graphics. So was happy to see that. I was thinking about 5.7 before I did anything. So it looks like this now.

Processor: Calculations per second = 4.8
Memory: Memory operations per second = 4.3 (this will be better, had to RMA one stick my friend gave me)
Graphics: Desktop performance for windows aero = 5.9
Gaming Graphics: 3d Business and gaming graphics peform. = 5.9
Primary hard disk: Data trans rate = 5.3

Oh and I tried to use 3Dmark11, 06 and 05. All come up with errors when I try to use them after installing them.

Also still have the hard drive shutter problem when starting up or rebooting.

Closed Thread