Upgrading my pc on a budget

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok thanks a lot for your help, also how do i know how much power the computer can already supply to the graphics card and therefore whether i need to buy a new power source?

guys he said 120 pounds, wtf? you can only get a video card for that much........the prices in UK are, without Converting as in just the numbers, higher than that of the US.

Well i found this graphics card - "Club 3D Geforce 6600 256Mb Ddr Agp Dvi Tvo" and was wondering if i could use this on my comp......im pretty sure i don't have PCI-E and was wondering whether i needed it for this card.

no you don't need pci-express to use that card. which website are you using? let us take a look at it and we could maybe recommend a better one.

you can't use ddr2 since your motherboard only supports ddr. ddr2 is 240pins while ddr is 184pins... therefore ddr2 will not fit into your motherboard.

so ya, hit us up with a website and we can help you better.. since some of us dont' knwo the best websites in britain or wherever ti is you're from.

wow those prices are steep.

i'm sure you can find a better place to buy computer parts. try to get it from a computer store.

i wouldn't know. a lot of britons come on here so i was just searching for websites they shop at...

no luck tho.

ok no worries. Thanks a lot for your help though. Think I'm probably gonna stick with the 6600, has been the best card ive been able to find at a budget price, and im not looking to upgrade to the best comp in the world. Also I'm gonna upgrade my RAM to 1 GB, so should i just buy 2 identical 512 sticks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom