Upgrading My PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaMachine

Solid State Member
Hey all i just want 2 know what its possible to change or modify cuz im tired of my pc and i want to make it faster o.o any help would be really awesome. Here are all the Details.

OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium
Version 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 Build 6002
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name DANI-PC
System Manufacturer HP-Pavilion
System Model KE470AA-ABU m9180.uk-a
System Type X86-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 5.15, 31/12/2007
SMBIOS Version 2.5
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale Ireland
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.0.6002.18005"
User Name Dani-PC\Dani
Time Zone GMT Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 3.25 GB
Available Physical Memory 1.49 GB
Total Virtual Memory 6.70 GB
Available Virtual Memory 4.77 GB
Page File Space 3.54 GB

Your CPU is good enough. Why not overclock it?

4GB of RAM is good enough for any gamer.

What graphics card do you have? Doesn't list any.

What do you mean by slow?

erm.. overclocking i dont know how to use them cuz i dont wanna burn my pc x.x and my Graphics card is Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT Approx Total Memory is 1907 MB
i just want too see if i can upgrade it any idea would be nice o.o ? i seen a pc where it has 24GB Ram but right now i dont have the money to buy it its like 7k Euros x.x

An upgrade to Windows 7 x64 would help you out a good bit, Windows Vista is (to put it nicely) bad. And I wouldn't suggest OC'ing, that's an OEM PC, and probably has a small cramped case with insufficient cooling. And 24gb RAM is COMPLETELY unnecessary. And I highly doubt that you're motherboard even supports that much ram. Plus, you're limited to 4gb (technically 3.25gb) RAM with an x86 (32 bit) OS.

It's the same CPU. Several of us over here OC our CPU. It's not dangerous as long as you keep it under control. We can help you with that in the OC section. I overclocked my Q6600 when I had it. (a few years ago)

If that memory is DDR2, most 775 boards have a limit of 8GB, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom