upgrading my pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeodd2

Baseband Member
I have an Asus p48sx-x motherboard, celeron 2.8, 512 pc2700 ram, GEForce 5600 Graphics Card.

I want to upgrade my cpu to a 3.06 p4 533 fsb socket 478 that support hyperthreading. I have not had much luck finding that proccessor.

I also want to get some new ram, but I am not sure what brand to get. I saw a real good special on some pny otima ram on Amazon, but the reviews were very mixed and I am not sure if I sould invest in that brand. I would really apreciate any recommendations.

I also want to update my graphics card.

If there are any suggestions about what components I could purchase that would allow me to take advatage of all of the motherboads features I would greatly appreciate the advice. Thanks.

PNY is a good brand... As for your CPU, get the highest GHZ of P4 that you can afford that is in your motherboard's FSB range. A CPU with 800MHz FSB is only gonna run half speed if your motherboard only supports 400MHz FSB...

Yea that's why I wanted to stick with getting a p4 3.06 533mhz fsb processor instead of the 800 mhz fsb, even though the 800mhz is cheaper and more avialable than the 533mhz for some reason......just my luck....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom