Upgrading My Graphics Card

Thornax_Dribe

Beta member
Hello,

I need some help on this. I have been using Intel HD Graphics, I know, it's crappy. Originally, I just wanted a computer for Minecraft. But I bought BattleField 4 a month or so ago, and it obviously isn't cutting it. I decided on a card:
Buy the GIGABYTE Radeon R7 260X Video Card at TigerDirect.ca
I checked, and I have enough watts on my Power Suppy to use it. But it is over clocked. Will that effect how many watts it uses. I am planning to under clock it no matter what the circumstances, but I want to know how many extra watts it will take.

I also don't have a 6-pin connecter :/ , don't ask me, ask my manufacturer. Anyway, I have a Serial ATA Instead. I found this on amazon:
Amazon.com: SF Cable SATA 15-pin Male to 6-Pin PCI Express card Power Cable: Electronics
And I'm wondering if this will work with the card.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and please answer this question ;)

Yes, the card does come with the power cable, but that cable is for 2 Molex. I don't have a Molex, I have a SATA. So I need to but the SATA to 6-pin cable. But thank you for the newegg link. I'll probably use that one to buy it.

My Computer specs are not the greatest btw. I am transforming it into a gaming pc:
Proceessor: Intel Core i3-4330 3.5 GHz
Memory: 12 GB DDR3
MotherBoard: HP-2AF7
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics (Obviously not cutting it.)
Model: HP Pavilion 500-119c (Very new model.)

Those are my specs, and thank you both for replying. It doesn't seem like a big deal to you, but it means a lot that people I don't even know want to help me and answer my questions online. So thank you for that.

P.S. I just realized that the SATA cable says P4 on it and is connected to another that says P3, but the P3 is connected to the Hard Drive. Will the graphics card still recieve power if it is coming from a cable that is connected to the Hard Drive?

Last edited:
I just noticed that as well, I want to get this power supply so that I can power it:
Buy the Corsair CX Series 600W Power Supply at TigerDirect.ca
I want the 500 watt one. Will that be enough power? Also, Does this power supply come with a 6 pin cable? I cannot tell. If not, it would have a couple molex cables right? (Which I can use with the adapter that comes with the Graphics Card. It is a 2x molex to 6 pin adapter.)

No prob, also the 750ti will easily work with your current PSU. It is 300w peak power, not continuous. The 750ti only uses 66w itself, and your i3 about 50w. If using a SATA to PCI-E adapter you can still use your HDD. I don't recommend this if you have the money for a new PSU, but just letting you know it'll work safely for a while.

Thank again. :) I will be getting the new PSU though. I think it would be the better option for me, since I have the money.

Again, thank you for all your help.

Back
Top Bottom