Upgrading my Dell 8250

Status
Not open for further replies.
All games use gpu

Well the game I'm referring to is Anarchy Online.. the developers have stated that it does not matter if you are running quad SLI cards, or a PCI Video card from 10 years ago, your CPU will be 100% maxed out because graphics are processed on the CPU. Its the way that they designed it to work.

And its true, proven 100s of times, unless your CPU is very strong, which mine obviously is not.

So instead of replying my question with more questions, why is it no one on these boards will willing to ANSWER my direct questions?

With a max of 533 FSB, the 3.06 is about the best you could do, and that's not much more than what you already have. The 478 is somewhat ancient by today's standards, so there's not much you can really do with it besides maxing out your RAM and tossing in a better GFX card.

If you decide to see about putting together a new rig, there are many here who can put together a list based on your budget that would produce a machine that would blow your mind.

With a max of 533 FSB, the 3.06 is about the best you could do, and that's not much more than what you already have. The 478 is somewhat ancient by today's standards, so there's not much you can really do with it besides maxing out your RAM and tossing in a better GFX card.

If you decide to see about putting together a new rig, there are many here who can put together a list based on your budget that would produce a machine that would blow your mind.

Thanks for the reply, I actually did a few hours of research last night and found out the same.. If I did go with the 800mhz FSB chips, they would clock down and actually run slower than my current chip, so the 3.06 is the best I can get.

I am building next year, my budget for computer will be $6000. Waiting on new iterations of Yorks, and slight price drops, as well as next gen vid cards.

6 G's? You can have anything you want with that, and then some. Anything over $2K gets a little tough to find things to take up the money (without getting goofy with it).

6 G's? You can have anything you want with that, and then some. Anything over $2K gets a little tough to find things to take up the money (without getting goofy with it).

I'm sure I won't have trouble, I plan on having two 30" Wides, I read SLI can run 3 cards (or was it 4) in SLI mode soon (or now). I'll buy RAM so fast I won't have to OC it.. I also want new speakers, a chair, maybe wall mount for the monitors, and some software.

Custom Case too, painted all slick

In my opinion, 6k is a ridiculous amount of money to spend, because new stuff will come out and it will be outdated again. 1,500 to 2,000 is fine for a powerful system. Two 30" screens arent easy to drive, and theres also power usage to take into consideration.

In my opinion, 6k is a ridiculous amount of money to spend, because new stuff will come out and it will be outdated again. 1,500 to 2,000 is fine for a powerful system. Two 30" screens arent easy to drive, and theres also power usage to take into consideration.

I use two 30's at work, I miss them when I leave! I'll also need a new desk I think too, that will also be part of the 6k - There will probably only be about 3000 in the CPU tower, rest will be around it.

I use two 30's at work, I miss them when I leave! I'll also need a new desk I think too, that will also be part of the 6k - There will probably only be about 3000 in the CPU tower, rest will be around it.

Thats more reasonable, you can get a nice desk for around 250-500. Why not get dual 24"? Those only cost about $350 each, and are still pretty big and sport that high resolution.

hrmm ram so fast you won't have to oc it? don't matter... how fast your ram is running, it won't take place for clock speed.....

think i have an 8250 at my work.. piece of junk.... give me headaches w/ how crappy it is.... i have such a hard time running photoshop w/o freezing when i zoom in.. or crop or do much anything

Thats more reasonable, you can get a nice desk for around 250-500. Why not get dual 24"? Those only cost about $350 each, and are still pretty big and sport that high resolution.

So when I unviel it to my friends, I can say "Look at the size, of the monitors" And they will go "OOooooooooOO!" Then drink a beer.

6" Difference is pretty large, I need the 30s, price is not an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom