Upgrading my CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Socratus

Solid State Member
I am currently running on a Emachines series T2895 with a processor now of 2.80 Ghz Celron Processor and I would like to upgrade to like a Pentium 4 3.2 Ghz processor, is this possible? What do I need to keep in mind when it comes to compatability with my Processor and my Motherboard? I have the cooling system undercontrol, all I need to know is about the compatability issue with Processor and Motherboard.

make sure its the same socket type. and thats it if you want to upgrade your processor

Yeah, both are 478, but Motherboards only can withstand up to a certain Processor speed, and I need to knwow hat my Motherboards is right? Otherwise I could potentially have the risk of frying my Motherboard and Cpu.

How do you know it can support P4? Not all motherboards support both P4's and Celerons, some are one or the other, in eMachines case I bet they only support Celerons.

i cant find the mobo for the emachine. im looking, its not on the e4me.com website

Yeah, I do not know if it can support P4, but that is what I would like, I could just stick with Celeron and it would not bother me, but I would still want to upgrade it. Also, I am having the same problem and can not find the Motherboard anywhere.. Mhhh.

Since I already have Celeron, could I go with a higher Celeron chip then I would with a P4? I am trying to get into the 3 Ghz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom