Upgrading my computer - Need tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleachfan333

Beta member
Hey,
I need some advice on which combination of power supply and graphics card I should get for my computer. I haven't upgraded my computer since I bought it.

Here are my computer specs currently:
Operating System: Windows Vistaâ„¢ Home Premium Service Pack 2
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) 9550 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs), ~2.2GHz
Memory: 5GB RAM
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9300 GE
Power Supply: 300W (?)

My budget is $150-250, including taxes and shipping and handling. Looking for the best deal for price and performance. If you need additional details, then please ask. Thanks for the help!

Looks pretty good :smile:.
Quick question: I noticed that the Radeon HD 5750 uses a PCI Express 2.0 x16 interface. Is that essentially compatible with my PCI Express x16 slot? I ask this because I'm not all that familiar with the advances in computer technology :neutral:. Thanks again for the help! :thumbsup:

Yes. 2.0 is fully compatible with 1.0. I'm running a 2.0 card in a 1,0 slot right now myself.

I'll be buying these parts soon... So thanks. Now hopefully they will be able to fit in my case... (It's a pre-built PC...)

just to be safe, can you provide the model number of your pc?

just to make sure it's not like an ultra-slim pc or something with a very small form factor like that.

yea, you shouldn't have a problem fitting those parts inside. it's not like a 5750 is a big card anyway so you should be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom