Upgrading my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything.

And you'll need a disk of your Windows to reinstall it.

As you have XP, you might get lucky and it won't be to messed and you can just install the new drivers.

But its a 50/50 chance.

alright shoot I will just back up my important stuff on a older computer, and what if I don't get lucky? Also is this pretty much just reinstalling windows xp using my original disk?

Also with that combo, will it have decent graphics for gameplay and hd videos and all of that stuff? Atleast better than what I have now? I'm getting pretty excited now that I will have a new computer :). I'm just scared that I will screw up or something or something won't work right :eek:

Alright and another thing.. my friend says that a pentium is the best way to go? what do you guys think about that?

Well your freinds alittle out of date...... They don't make pentiums anymore.... ;)

But Intel is the power house, but you pay for it. An AMD is about 87% as powerful, but costs 75% as much. So for a smaller budget, its cost effective to go AMD due to their cost, and take the minor hit in power.

NOW that said... Most people won't really see the smaller performace of the AMD vs the Intel.

The bundle will run hd video without a hitch... Gamings another issue the 4290 is the better of onboards but its still lacking for highr gaming. You'll want to eventually get a dedicated one. But its head over heels above yours.

Yes to the install disk. I'd try to boot with the disk drive and see what happens.. then try a repair. I've got lucky a few times and it kept everything just fine.

I think you'll have a few troubles, but nothi ng that'll be to hard to figure out.

alright awesome.. thanks so much for your answers and everything!

and 1 more thing..

so because I'm going to try and use my windows xp disk that means that I don't have to purchase the windows 7 disk right?

That ones as good as its price.......... It doesn't have much umph, and only 5 cables. You'd be unable to plug all your things in.

Not sure on numbers for xp vs win7 but they say its the best MS os yet.... I'm still on Vista.

Alright thanks I will just go with the one you reccomended me :)

and dangit.. the Ath x3 and 890 mobo combo isn't available anymore.. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom