Upgrading my compaq presario 5410us

Status
Not open for further replies.

midnightsky

Solid State Member
I want to up grade my presario so it can run at the best of it's ability. However I do have a few questions.

I have a second harddrive-that adds more space right?

I want to add another slot of ram--will that add speed?

I am also have like 4 storage drives-but i can only hook up 2-so do i need to upgrade the power supply to have more plugs? or can that be done? what is reccommended?

no can my motherboard be upgraded? if so what is recommended and if i do change the motherboard will the pc still be a compaq?

thanks

I wouldn't....it's a celeron.....which means it won't be very good for gaming....and the ram maxs out at 512, build some cheap AthlonXP or P4.

Look like your specs?
1.3-GHz Celeron
256 MB RAM
40 GB hard drive

i think you need a new computer time, you can build a very niec gaming machine for around 600 dollars

Or you can get a name brand for that same $600! Get a coupon code here (or a bunch of other places on the web).

{or not}

...judging by the fact that both your posts on this forum have been about these coupons, it very much appears like you are spamming us. That sort of thing results in getting yourself banned, you know.

...please, do not bring any dell coupons to TF and plus why would he want to buy a new computer that he cant upgrade...that means he just has to buy a whole new computer next year, why doesnt he just build one himself and upgrade in 2 years or so...and plus dell is a namebrand that sucks, i dont think anyone likes namebrand, they like Build it yourself brand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom