Upgrading my comp to play 2 Games [Silk Road, Soldier Front] - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > System Upgrades
Closed Thread
Old 07-10-2008, 05:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Upgrading my comp to play 2 Games [Silk Road, Soldier Front]

I want to upgrade my computer to play the 2 games in my title
I play soldier front okay but I'd pwn more with a better graphics card
and when I play silkroad I get d/c'd because I got crappy ram.
Here is the specs of my computer:

Processor: AMD Sempron 3000+
Computer/Core speed: 1.8 Ghz
Motherboard: (Dunno manufactor? SiS??] 760 GX-M 64 MB
Ram: 448 MB
HD: 80 GB, 49 GB Free.
DirectX 9.0c Version
Realtek AC97 Audio
Grahpics card: SiS 760 64 MB

I'm not genius when it comes to computer but I got excellent 5 bar-speed internet and to maximize the performance these games will be ran in low quality. I'm planning on upgrading my graphics card [for this one > ]craigslist online community and ram [for this one > ]craigslist online community. I will get installation free from a friend who knows alot about computers and works on them. Im not willing to spend more then $100.

Old 07-10-2008, 06:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
True Techie
Default Re: Upgrading my comp to play 2 Games [Silk Road, Soldier Front]

You can probably do better by looking on sites like NCIX.com - Canada's Premier Computer Store - Great Technology, Service and Selection..

This I believe is your board:
Elitegroup 760GX-M Specs - DealTime

You could buy this memory:
NCIX.com - Buy OCZ Performance PC3200 1GB DDR400 CL3 3-3-8 184PIN DIMM W/ Ramsink - OCZ4001024PF In Canada.

And this graphics card:
NCIX.com - Buy Palit Radeon 2400PRO Sonic 600MHZ 256MB 800MHZ DDR2 PCI-E VGA DVI-I TV Out Video Card - AE+240PS+TD26 In Canada..

For well under 100 CAD.

Old 07-10-2008, 07:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Radeon HD 2400 PRO 256mb GDDR2 HDTV/HDCP PCI-express

I was thinking this and those 2 rams. [Is it possible to run 2 rams?] I think it will handle fine. Do you think those 2 ram sticks and this Graphics card are good priced?

Quality seems good on high. So I think it will do for my minor gaming on low settings/medium

wwwowww. nvm
Old 07-10-2008, 08:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
Default Re: Upgrading my comp to play 2 Games [Silk Road, Soldier Front]

Ahh you played Soldier Front? I used to play, got a good 600 hours of play last year, but I quit, the glitchers got so annoying.. but I've heard they added the Galil and Dragunov...

Anyways.. I've played both games, and they aren't that demanding, I could max it out completely with my HD 3200 at stock... did the same with a Radeon 9600xt before I upgraded my rig to my current Rig, Silkroad is a bit more demanding, but I could do good settings on it with my Radeon 9600xt (haven't played it again since then)

Getting a little extra RAM is useful, and it helps from getting Lag Shotted sometimes

So you could buy an Radeon 9600xt AGP or something like that it'd be enough, and significantly better than what you have right now
I do not accept help requests and/or deleted threads/complaints by PM, Profile or IM/Email. Just ask on the forums! Also, I do have Lockerz invites if you want them, feel free to PM me your email if you want one :0

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the
or under my avatar; it helps me know that my advice actually helped you.

.. But things don't go according to plan! My Actual Rig, 2009:
Closed Thread