Upgrading a HP Pavilion A1440N - Graphics Card/PSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spikey00

Beta member
Hello,

I have quite a decision to make around the holidays, as I am deciding upon what to do concerning with upgrading my A1440N. I am still learning about computers, and I would consider my current knowledge average to intermediate. I believe I understand the basics about upgrading a computer, with limited knowledge about my own. The system specifications are located at:

Product Specifications 

The page (nor any that I have searched for) have the PSU listed. I believe it is the ATX-300-12ZCDR 300W.

--

First, I am unable to make online transactions, as I do not have in possession of a valid method to make transactions. I know of a local store, of which is Memory Express--therefore, I will be referring to products that I am looking for at that website.

I wish to upgrade my terrible 7300LE (with 8 bit interface that is horrendous... I have never experienced high graphics in my whole life personally, and newer games are starting to lag on lowest settings) PCI-E to:

eVGA e-GeForce 9800GT 512MB DualSlot Cooling w/ Dual DVI HDTV-Out at Memory Express Computers
eVGA e-GeForce 9800GT 512MB DualSlot Cooling w/ Dual DVI HDTV-Out

BFG GeForce 9800 GT OC 512MB w/ Dual DVI, HDMI, HDTV-Out at Memory Express Computers
BFG GeForce 9800 GT OC 512MB w/ Dual DVI, HDMI, HDTV-Out

XFX GeForce 9800GT XXX 512MB PCI-E w/ Dual DVI, HDTV-Out, FarCry2 Bundle at Memory Express Computers
XFX GeForce 9800GT XXX 512MB PCI-E w/ Dual DVI, HDTV-Out, FarCry2 Bundle

Of course, if there is a good graphics card that is compatible with my current 300W setup, I could consider it if you post the information up (though stay around $150 if you can).

Now, I am confused about what should I do with regards to upgrading my PSU. As I haven't exactly looked around completely in the forums, I might have missed some FAQ's/etc., but I am running out of time. In short, I will look around the forums the next time I am here if there are no replies to my topic (and sorry if it is to the consequence of my knowledge). Anyways, my possible options are:

OCZ 500W StealthXStream Power Supply w/ Dual +12V at Memory Express Computers
OCZ 500W StealthXStream Power Supply w/ Dual +12V

OCZ 600W StealthXStream Power Supply w/ Quad +12V at Memory Express Computers
OCZ 600W StealthXStream Power Supply w/ Quad +12V

Note that the prices are the same, and the difference is 100W. What I am stumped upon is the stuff about the requirements for Amperes and Voltages. Is there a hidden difference between the two, and will they be viable options for the video cards that I want, and for which ones? Am I totally missing the point in upgrading PSU's? I am not worrying about overkilling for the PSU's, because apparently, these two are what appears to be good deals.

If you require any more information relating to anything, please feel free to ask. I really do want to acquire the appropriate information before I truly decide upon what will be compatible, effective, and efficient with my system.

Thank you.

I will study those choices, and hopefully will find similar products at local stores.

Thanks for your input.

EDIT:
Wanted to ask still,

Does anyone have any tutorials in regards for providing information for installing an PSU/Graphic card that they have personally found to be good?

Though, I'm still wondering upon the questions that I still have unanswered in my first post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom