upgrading the HP 6300 PRO Elite 3.4GHz i7 3770 8gb ram ddr3

so a geforce card would still be better for games and daily tasks is what you trying to say?
its been over 10 years since i followed the tech world i actually knew all this **** lol
my hobby moved to building engines now and i forgot about all this unfortunately except the basics

so any of the 1050 lp x16 2.0 cards then?
will 1050 with 4k support work ?
after im done with the tower i do plan to upgrade to dual 4k monitors

and start saving for a real computer lol

I see what you mean lol
im hanging out on userbenchmark and all the nvs cards bench worse than onboard intel HD4000 graphics

i cant really wrap my brain around this
what are my limiting factors in this system besides length and low profile?

also there was a bios update released for this model in 2018 if that makes any difference for graphics card support im not sure

Last edited:
phew!!! im finally catching up after a day or working *cough* watching videos and rading articles...
seems like 1050TI low power consumption works out just fine with this PSU
theres a guy who actually upgraded few of these in 8200 European versions..
philscomputerlab. he has a few videos of these little boxes built for gaming.

I think I settled on this:
let me know what you think

my kid's
16gb ram ( 8gb from my rig to his)
my old ssd Samsung evo850 128gb
nvidia gtx 1050

mine
32gb of ram 4x8gb Im still confused about the ram voltage on these things
is it 1.35v max or 1.5v but supports 1.35v
so if I put 1.5v 1600 speed ram will it go down to 1.35v and 1333speed?
It doesn't tell me in the spec sheet the max ram voltage for this model but the supplied ram sticks are 1.35v
Samsung evo 860 250gb

gtx 1050TI lp seems like it supports full 4k resolution for up to 4 monitors so I think that should be enough for me

For the record, LP stands for low profile.

For the RAM go with what came in the box. 1.35 I believe is the newer DDR3 spec anyways.

A LP 1050ti won't do 4 monitors, it'll do 2 or 3 at best because it lacks physical connectors. Also if it has an HDMI connector on it have to be careful to make sure it's HDMI 2.0 rather than 1.4.

im just confused about the 1.35v and 1.5v ram sticks
i foudn contradicting info about this system
some say it supports up to 1.5volt other pages say its locked at 1.35v in bios and no way to change...
but then some pages say they have used the 1600 ram 1.5v

so im trying to understand
if the ram is rated at 1600 at 1.5v will the speed drop down to 1333 if it is ran at 1.35v?
its a bit hard to find 32gb of ram for this thing lol
alot of the sticks are server memory and ECC
same brand hynix and same specs with HP label jsut for server.
will the ecc memory otherwise identical run in this non ecc system?

the whole idea of this adventure is a budget build not spending as much as i can on each component lol
i found the 32gb kits that are advertized for this system but they are 200-300 bucks which is way more than im willing to spend on ram for this

i see the server ram 32gb kits for 80 bucks and thats what im hoping to spend on this
and another 60-80 bucks on a used 1050 LP card

The 1.5v sticks are older gen DDR3, 1.35v newer. Take one current stick out and see what voltage it is, that's what the machine will take.

It's the other way around. If the board is rated for 1.35v then 1.5v sticks either will not work or speed will be reduced to stabilize lack of voltage.
A Xeon should be required for ECC.

RAM is high priced still because of the price fixing. You'd be better off finding used anyways if you can.
I haven't seen any 1050s for less than 100.

upgraded to evo860 and 24gb of ram.
its getting better now. reasonably fast. should be enough for me after a video card upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom