Upgrading Graphics Card And Memory/Plz Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Um...The CPU-Z didnt really say anything i dont think but i'll post what it said.

Chipset: AMD AMD-761 Rev. A2
Southbridge: VIA VT82C686
Sensor: VIA 686A/B

This is a paragraph from http://www.dans20thcenturyabandonware.com/about-dan-personal-ch.html
The Pavilion xt878 is my computer.

The truth about HP and the Pavilion xt878. In 2004, I decided to research this system's motherboard to find out what its upgrade limits were. I discovered the motherboard is an ASUS A7M266-M and has two front side bus speeds -- 200MHz and 266MHz. HP released this system with a 200MHz FSB 1.3GHz AMD Athlon "Thunderbird" CPU. There is also a 1.3GHz Athlon with a 266MHz FSB but HP elected not to use it. HP also released this system with DDR PC1600 (200MHz) RAM, though it is capable of running PC2100 (266MHz) RAM. A jumper on the motherboard sets the FSB speed at either 200MHz or 266MHz.

"I was slightly miffed when I learned I had used this computer for over 2½ years running the slower FSB speed CPU and memory. That was about to change...." (Is this true?)

Turn that into a Linux box, learn everything about Linux, I'll pay you 10 dollars an hour for lessons. Then that would be enough for highspeed internet every month right?

edit:seriously man, you can't survive in the 21st century with dial-up..

Unfortunately, some people don't have much of a choice. I didn't have much of one either after I was forced to move back to my original home in the middle of nowhere. But yeah, dial-up was unbearable, so I got satellite internet, which is tragically horrible in its own right, but much faster than dial-up. Unless you have a wireless provider in your area that you can access, those are your only choices.

Um...i have no idea whats going on, i've heard of linux but yah i dunno. Also is my mother board good enough to run that graphics card?

Um...i have no idea whats going on, i've heard of linux but yah i dunno. Also is my mother board good enough to run that graphics card? Yah i'm not paying $60 a month for satalite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom