Upgrading Graphics Card..

Status
Not open for further replies.

papaxlpimp

Beta member
I have a Emachines model: T2892. It was a cheap buy, and then I got into some online mmorpg's and began upgrading my computer a bit, or looking into upgrading it. I currently have just upgraded my RAM from 512mb to 1.5gb. I am now looking into upgrading to a better performance graphics card...

The thing is, I do not know much about computers. I am looking to buy a decent, simple, graphics card from prices ranging $150-$250 that will enhance my online game play, and make my computer performance a little bit better.

I am looking at a Verto GeForce 7600 GS 256MB DDR Pci Express GFX Card right now. It is on sale at best buy from $200 now at $179.

My problem is, I do not know what kind of slot my computer has, I am not sure if it has a PCI Express slot. If I could get some information on how to tell, or if you can find out, I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

just googled. it's pretty hard to find info about that PC, but I think it has AGP

but you can check by opening up the case, and about the middle-back of the motherboard should be a brown slot, offset from white slots below it. the brown slot is an AGP slot.

From what I can find out, it should be AGP.

The motherboard is listed as a AU31/1.3. It is made by FIC. I couldn't find it on their American website, but all the other mobos in the AU series are AGP x8.

Your PSU is 300W, so if you go with a really beefy video card you may want to look into upgrading your PSU as well.

Check out the eVGA SUPERCLOCKED e-GeForce 6800 GS CO Video Card:
http://www.pricegrabber.com/p__eVGA_SUPERCLOCKED_e_GeForce_6800_GS_CO_Video_Card,__16299121

The card that you were looking at is good. so is the card trotter suggested. Both would last you a fair amount of time. However, if you are going to get one of those, you would need to change your PSU like trotter said

The card he was looking at won't work, as it is a PCI-E and not AGP.

Oh right, I didnt read the PCI e part. I always though they made a 7600 for agp oh well. Since thats the case, the 6800 GS for sure.

E-machines that ohave AGP, my freind has on and they only have agp slots. For the price of the graphics card I would just update it by buying another computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom