Upgrading a graphics card

Nicootje

Solid State Member
Hello!

I'm thinking of upgrading my GPU in an older system, but I was wondering if this was even possible/compatible.

PSU: Dell 460 WATT
Motherboard: Dell 0YJPT1

It's quite an older system, but yeah.

I was thinking of putting in a GTX 1050ti.

Would this be possible? (Currently the GPU is an AMD Radeon HD 7500)

Thanks in advance!

Is it the Dell XPS 8500, probably with a Pentium D? If it's a full/mid tower variant yea you could easily. Only problem being that CPU is going to cry for mercy with whatever you do.

It's not that version I suppose.

This tower has a i7 - 3370 @ 3.4 ghz

So I think the bottleneck wouldnt be too big?

Thanks again!

It seems like it is an XPS 8500, but with a different CPU?

But I think this would only reduce the bottleneck?

Thanks!

The difference being it's a 3rd gen XPS, so there won't be any bottleneck with that CPU. I was thinking for some reason XPS 450, idk why. That has a Pentium D.

Anywho doesn't appear there will be a problem and it'll be a solid little machine. It looks like you could probably upgrade the PSU later too.

Indeed a nice upgrade, the 1050ti will make a lot of older machines into gaming machines and with little power draw.
I actually say its nvidias best GPU due to how powerful it is for its price and its perfomance being close to its more powerful brothers in many respects.
Sure it doesnt have the same ammo as the 1080,1070 or 1060 but right now it can be gotten for a fair price while the 1060 is still up there thanks to etherium mining.
And even when the prices do level out its not a bad option at all.

Back
Top Bottom