Upgrading GFX/Power Supply Compatility

Garzhod

Solid State Member
Hey all! I was considering throwing in a graphics card + power supply combo to my extremely terrible computer.

Budget must be under $250 or so.

If I purchase these two items, will they be compatible? Also will I have to purchase any extra cables?

Also was wondering if this is the "best bang for my buck". I would like a card that can play most games at decently high settings.

Last edited:
Ok, then those links i posted should be good for you... unless u willing to pay just little bit more since 270x cards would be better choice i think.... lets see what others think. Just about 15 dollars or so more.

Thank you! Will the card and supply I listed also work? I'm just wondering about compatibility and such.

Also do you have somewhere where I can compare the two cards? The one you listed was a lot cheaper.. not sure how good it is compared to the one I listed.

EDIT 1: Performance-wise: I am looking to play BF3 at 60 fps at high+, along with Borderlands 2 etc etc.

EDIT 2: Was also wondering if you think there is enough room in the case

Last edited:
Thank you! Will the card and supply I listed also work? I'm just wondering about compatibility and such.

Also do you have somewhere where I can compare the two cards? The one you listed was a lot cheaper.. not sure how good it is compared to the one I listed.

Performance-wise: I am looking to play BF3 at 60 fps at high+, along with Borderlands 2 etc etc.

Didnt see ur links, the card is good... the power supply, just no... never go cheap on power supply, i suggest seasonic or corsair for power supplies.

if want do 60+ fps 270x is the way to go, would be like 15, 20 dollars more than 250 but worth it.

yes should be enough room.

Last edited:
Didnt see ur links, the card is good... the power supply, just no... never go cheap on power supply, i suggest seasonic or corsair for power supplies.

Hmm that is good advice. I did find a corsair one here. I'm mainly looking for one around $50 or so.

EDIT: Thank you so much for the help! You were very informative :)

I'm also curious as to what other people think! New to the gfx cards hehe

Last edited:
Hmm that is good advice. I did find a corsair one here. I'm mainly looking for one around $50 or so.

EDIT: Thank you so much for the help! You were very informative :)

I'm also curious as to what other people think! New to the gfx cards hehe

I WOULD think 500 watts should be enough, but not too sure tho guess depends on which card u plan to get.... and ur welcome! :)

You won't be doing 60+ fps with high-ultra settings with that CPU.

The best combo you can get is a CX500 and a 270x. I say save up 50 bucks more for a 760. Least you would have a better GPU there.

Back
Top Bottom