Upgrading Friend's Parts

Curbkiddytech

In Runtime
Hello everyone,

My friend is considering upgrading his CPU, RAM, and Motherboard to be able to run the newer games better. Currently he's using a Inspiron 560 model with an upgraded PSU of 750W and a GeForce680GTX Video Card with 6GB of ram.

I was wondering if someone could link me to an affordable CPU, 8Gbs of RAM, and a new motherboard all of at least decent quality for 700 dollars. That would be appreciated.

Thank you for all your help in advance!

Okay so my friends parts came in today, we put them together and booted up the computer, but we hit an error. After the BIOS screen left it kept taking us to "windows did not shut down correctly, use startup repair or start normally screen" and regardless of which option we chose, it wouldn't get us back to the desktop. The closest we got was the windows loading screen for about 2 seconds before it froze, flashed a blue screen, and automatically restarted.

Here is the blue screen error we received every time: http://rapidshare.com/share/873D4D8AB362D8507684AFC53BA88B22

Can someone please tell me what went wrong?

If the rapidshare link didn't work just let me know and I can e-mail or just type out the error itself if needed

I'm on my phone so can't view the bsod. I'm betting it's because it's an OEM copy of Windows and needs to be reinstalled.
Yep, new mobo usually needs a fresh install. Your installed copy of windows has all the drivers from the other motherboard, so now, all-of-a-sudden, they're gone.

You need to connect the drive to the old motherboard, boot it up and make a back up of all the data your need to keep, then pop the drive into the new set up and reinstall windows that's already been suggested

Back
Top Bottom