Upgrading fans//psu

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbloomer

Solid State Member
I'm looking for a 120mm quiet case fan with Blue led preferred but still very efficient in cooling. Also id Like a new heat-sink / fan for my processor i have an 140w Amd phenom 9950 black edition, I'm currently using the stock heat-sink / fan and idling at 39-40c but at night time when its a bit cooler at 34-36c idling. I'd like a heat-sink / fan that is super efficient and as quiet as possible. I have a coolmax like 1000-1200w power supply they upgraded me from the one i had before because it wouldnt power my system its not needed for that many watts in my system its just because they aren't high end company. I need a power supply that is efficient, long lasting, but still will power my system blue leds if possible, cable sleeves.
My Systems Specs
Xcilo Full Tower Case with 2 25cm fans
Apevia 120mm Case Fan (Would like to replace)
140w Amd phenom 9950 black edition
Xfx Geforce 9800gtx+ videocard
biostar ta790gx am2+ motherboard
Corsair Xms Series 2x 2gb
Western Digital 400gb sata2 Hdd (Windows Xp Pro)
Seagate Barracuda 320gb sata2 Hdd (Windows 7 Ulti 32bit)
Coolmax 1200w Psu (want to upgrade)

on that fan a few people gave it bad reviews on newegg =/. as on the power supply i want to go corsair but i wanna make sure its gonna boot my comp Minimum Power Requirement (Watt)
This is the minimum power supply wattage requirement for the graphics card to perform properly.
630 Watt with two 6-pin
thats from the xfx website and then i have a 140w processor

As long as you have enough PCI-E power cables (the 6-pin), it will power them.

750W will be plenty, but you can go for higher (850W, 950W) if you really want.

Wattage doesn't necessarily mean a better PSU. Look at the Amp per rail, most notably the +12v rail(s). more often than not insufficient Amps are what make the PSU unable to power the system. Also the Quality of the capacitors and such inside of the PSU come into play with cost. Low end PSU's are much more likely to "go boom" than better Name brand ones.

example... a 500w no-name PSU will not perform as well (and 9/10 times won't last as long) as a 300w Good Name brand PSU. PSU is one component NOT to skimp on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom