upgrading emachines 3609

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdelgado

Solid State Member
searching google gives me weird results

but won't "require" 3gb of RAM, but will probably need a stronger power supply than you currently have in there

well i dont know about the ram not too familiar with video cards it said on the reviews something about 3gb so i assumed it did any suggestions on what video card would be good?

I looked on emachines website and could not find the specs for your power supply. Do you know (is is 400w or more)? The case appeared pretty small. Have you checked if that card will fit? It does have the pci-e slot you need. Just making sure you have all of your ducks in a row before you order.

it has a 300w power supply yea i'm trying to order it tonight but i dont know what would be a good choice the case is kinda small but there is plenty of space i think. thanks for the help

yea it shouln't be too difficult but i have a pretty crappy video card atm its a 256mb geforce cant rememer exacly im not at home right now but the game runs ok just not great i have everything set on low settings and still runs at about 10-14fps ive been looking at some cards on newegg but dont know the difference between all of them

for light gaming you probably want to see if you can score a cheap 7900gs or 8600gt and higher

8400gs and 8500gt are like... media center oriented

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom