Upgrading Dell Optiplex 780 SFF

TaylerR

Solid State Member
So iv got this dell SFF desktop that i'm going to upgrade slightly mainly the the ram,video card and power supply so that it can play games better.I've Done a lot of research into the parts that i Plan on getting and just wanted some piece of mind from people who may know more than i do to make sure that these new parts when i install them wont cause any damage to my system.
The Parts iv Chosen are
AMD Radeon HD 7570 1GB GDDR5 PCIe x16 DVI DisplayPort Video Card Dell 4C5DK
Because that video Card is a lot more powerful than the original i planned on getting a new power supply as well which was.
Dell OEM Optiplex XE SFF Small Form Factor 280 Watt Power Supply PSU Y738P D499R INCLUDES Thermal Heat Sensor N949F, D280ES-00, DPS-280MB A, L280E-01, PS-6281-9DA-RoHS
The SFF Optiplex 780 has a smaller power supply although this one i've researched heavily in order to ensure that it will fit and work with the optiplex considering it not being meant for this Model
I will also put in 8gb Ram But i have yet to find one i want but that doesn't matter because any will work.

Just wondering if everyone thinks these will be alright i know they are all compatible Just looking to see if anyone can notice possible Problems that may occur with these before i Plan to buy them and install them myself.

Even though i know its most likely unnecessary, if you ever plan to do MORE upgrades in the future i would recommend a 300-550 watt PSU. Because it seems once those more demanding games start coming, a 7570 might need to be tossed aside. You can never go to overkill on a PSU.

Just plan on playing Like Swtor and Dcuo and a few others no newer games that require powerful pcs thats why i thought those would be just enough to run those games Because i know i can run both of those on my Hp Pavillion Dv6 2016Ax laptop and thats old.

Just plan on playing Like Swtor and Dcuo and a few others no newer games that require powerful pcs thats why i thought those would be just enough to run those games Because i know i can run both of those on my Hp Pavillion Dv6 2016Ax laptop and thats old.
Alright, I suppose that would work. Highly suggest looking for the LP 750ti I linked though. I don't know what markets they sell it in yet.

Back
Top Bottom