Upgrading Dell Inspiron 530

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats Os dependent I was talking from a more generic stand point even though I used windows versions. Xp sees 3.25 and vista is 3.12 as the max for system memory (RAM) but the extra 750mb is reserved for components like graphics or soundcards and if you exceed the 750mb it eats away your system memory.

Ok I have Vista 32bit and I'm happy with it. I just want to upgrade the ram a gig, the power supply & graphic card. With all of that will it be a problem in any area you guys can think of. I just don't want to upgrade to 64bit because manly I can't afford it.

Thats Os dependent I was talking from a more generic stand point even though I used windows versions. Xp sees 3.25 and vista is 3.12 as the max for system memory (RAM) but the extra 750mb is reserved for components like graphics or soundcards and if you exceed the 750mb it eats away your system memory.

Oh OK I understand now, so with everything I stated I should be ok. I didn't know windows reserves 750mb for graphics. first things first which is ram upgrade :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom