upgrading CPU help

bL4cKh4T

Baseband Member
hey, I used to work on PC's more than about 10 years ago so i've been out of the game for a long time and I just want to ask, i have a computer that I want to upgrade the CPU in, the motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2 rev 1.2 with the latest bios version and reading on gigabyte's site, they said that the amd FX-8370E will work as long as the wattage is 95W so what I want to know is will this CPU work?
Code:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MUTW6F6/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=XWG6ZN77H8K6&coliid=I2SH5NC7W45DPI
this is the one I want to upgrade to but I just want to make sure that it'll work in my pc. thanks a lot for the help!

Last edited:
I thought that it might be worth it because it has free one day shipping for people with prime which I have which is expensive everywhere else. What price do you think will be good for it?

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

Considering they are now 5 years old (those E models are newer but Vishera is 5 years old) I wouldn't pay more than 90 bucks. I've seen 8320s go for as low as 75. That price for the CPU is as much as a 6th gen i5.

would it be enough to run the new doom game at high graphics? just wondering because i'm getting a video card as well, an amd rx 480 8gb card. right now, i have an amd fx 6300 cpu and it needs at least an 8320 cpu to run the game comfortably. that's the latest cpu that will work with my motherboard is the 8370e. My motherboard only supports 95W cpu's. just wondering because like i said, i've been out of the game for a while, lol

Last edited:
Nice! So I don't really need to upgrade my cpu, that's the best thing I've heard all day! lol thanks a lot for the help! I'm glad I asked before I bought that cpu

I mean it'll still be your system's bottleneck, but for Doom it'll still at least be fine.

Yea no offense but **** upgrading that AMD system. Wait for Ryzen before changing anything with your platform. Use the money and maybe get a better GPU? RX480 is like 200, just get a 1070.

Yea no offense but **** upgrading that AMD system. Wait for Ryzen before changing anything with your platform. Use the money and maybe get a better GPU? RX480 is like 200, just get a 1070.

yea, i agree. i was looking at the speed of the cpu models above mine and they're between 2800 and 3300 mhz and mine is 3500 mhz, the only difference is some of them are 8 cores and mine is 6 but i don't need 8 right now anyways. i'm just going to buy the rx480 gpu and save my money for something else. thanks PP Mguire and carnageX for the help! you just saved me 200 bucks!!

Back
Top Bottom