Upgrading case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akkaran

Solid State Member
Hello guys and gals, I'm looking to upgrade my PC case as the one I have now is getting a bit cramped... and looks naff :D.

I'm going to purhcase this case

XClio A380Plus Twin Engine Gaming Case - Black (No PSU)

this is the pc i have at the mo

http://www.vnunet.com/computeractive/hardware/2197931/review-advent-t9509

Apart from it now has a Corsair 620w PSU and Geforce 8800GTS OC card.

Basically is there anything i need to know before i buy this new case, ie will the motherboard fit ect. I've heard this is a large case and very spacious but just want to know everything will fit ok and is there anything i really need to know, or is it just a case of unplugging/unscrewing evreything and swapping it over.
(anyone know of any step by step guides lol )
Anyway any help would be nice

Thanks in advance

As long as the motherboard you have right now is MicroATX or ATX size, then it should work. You'll just have to take the I/O shield from your current case, and pop it into the new case.

Thanks for the reply's guys, Mgcook you case does look rather sexy but think by the time I've shipped it to the uk I'd be able to buy it cheaper over here :p

Altho I have been looking at the same model case you have for sale and I think i might go with it.

What I'm looking for is something thats gonna give me lots of space with room to upgrade and keep my card/mobo ect nice and cool without liquid cooling.
I don't have that much cash so not wanting to spend about £80.
So if you guys have any other cases you could recommend that would be great also.

If you have a local Maplin, they have some very cheap cases, some with the kind massive from air fan that the Xclio has, for ~£30

I'm not a fan of Xclio cases. The antec has great cooling, as I'm sure they all do. But the looks of the 900 is alot better. Plus the first Xclio case looks like it has plastic doors. I bought an Xclio for my father and its nice at keeping things cool internally w/ it's huge fan but it's build quality lacks.
A suggestion. I love this case. Its a good size too.
Gigabyte 3D Aurora Black No PSU with Side Vent
Or if you have alittle more dough you can grab the new version
Gigabyte 3D Aurora 570 Black No PSU
Both are all aluminum w/ holes for WCing

Ok guys thanks for all the reply's and suggestions.

I have decided to go with the Antec 900 as every review I have read has rated this case 5 stars, so a special thanks to mgcook for tryin to sell me his ;)

Now whether my computer still works when i swap it all over remains to be seen lol but i'm sure you'll hear from me begging for help in the future if it doesnt.

Thanks again fellas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom