Upgrading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wonderbox

Baseband Member
Alright first off a friend wants to upgrade a his very out of date comp.
He wants a new IDE CD Drive and power supply.
So im thinking just any IDE CD drive will be fine but i need a 250 to 300w power supply so just give me some suggestions to go from on those.

Next ill be needing a wireless adapter because the router has to be moved out of my room so just give me some suggestions on what wireless adapters yall use or that are good.

Thx guys!

380W Antec Earthwatts would be a perfect choice of power supply, and yes any IDE optical drive will be fine (may as well go for DVD+RW).

No idea on the adaptor front.

Internal or external doesn't make that big of a difference. Search YouTube for different hacks you can use to boost your signal strength. I prefer a wired connection, myself.

Alright guys well the cd drive that ill be replacing is going in a computer used for aligning wheels on vehicles and i was told by the dealer that stops by the garage that the computer always boots from a disk and that the cd drive needs to be a "sony atapi" and i have no idea what im looking for or if any other cd drives will work.

Anyone have any ideas?

i dont think it matters what cd/dvd drive you use.

to set it to boot from the disk drive you have to go into the bios yourself and set the boot order to cd/dvd first so that the computer will boot off of a disc instead of booting from the hdd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom