Upgrades for my dell Inspiron 3520

USNAggie44

Beta member
I want to upgrade my laptop. I was wondering if anyone could help me with the possible upgrades I could have done. Some upgrades I would like are:
Graphic's card (current is Intel(r) HD Graphics 3000 1664 mb)
Ram (current is 4 gb)
Processor (current is Intel core i3-2350 2.3ghz)

Thanks for the help, I have a Inspiron 3520 and if you could just post some possible options. Thanks.

Wont happen. You can upgrade the RAM and HDD if you take it apart, but the CPU and GPU can't be upgraded as the HD 3000 is integrated into the CPU. IF you were lucky and literally took it all apart you might be able to upgrade the i3 to something like an i5 or i7 with an HD4000 but it wont grant you what you want.

Laptops are very limited as to what you can upgrade, most of the time you can add more memory or a better hard drive but that's about it. On rare occasions you might be able to upgrade the processor and graphics, if it's not soldered onto the mother board. Most of the time manufacture's discourage that and do not offer any support as to what processors are compatible, even if it's not soldered.
You already state you have 4gb's of memory, so you need to check the specs of your laptop to see if could even handle more than 4gb's

You don't have a graphics card. The HD3000 is a graphics chip on the I3. Depending on the model of your laptop it may be limited to 4gb of ram. You will need to look up to see if your laptop can handle a ram upgrade.

According to many sites you could add another 4gb ram module.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom