Upgrades for this mini PC?

Yes you need to download the latest drivers from the AMD website for the 6670 and take out the Nvidia drivers from the 9200.

I would use a program like Driver Sweeper (or something similar) to make sure all Nvidia graphics drivers are removed after using the program uninstall.

Right now Windows is using generic drivers for the video card which is why she can't change the resolution.

Yes you need to download the latest drivers from the AMD website for the 6670 and take out the Nvidia drivers from the 9200.

I would use a program like Driver Sweeper (or something similar) to make sure all Nvidia graphics drivers are removed after using the program uninstall.

Right now Windows is using generic drivers for the video card which is why she can't change the resolution.

Ah I thought that would be the case, I used ccleaner in the past to remove ATI drivers. But yeah I'll get something like that.

I don't get why her desktop res is fine and her games isn't though, I'd have assumed her desktop res would be stuck at 800x600 or what ever as well. Does this explain what I assume is a lack of AA as well? Though that might just be related to how zoomed in the low res is making the game look, as I imagine Sims 2 isn't going to that pretty so up close.

Well I don't know what was up with sims 2. Simcity 5 runs fine for her thankfully. I tried getting the newest beta drivers but sims 2 was still locked at 800x600 with AA disabled. In the end I opened a graphics file with notepad and manually override the minimum resolution choice so the game was forced to run at her monitors native res. That worked a treat and although "smoothness"/AA is still disabled in-game, I've shown her how to override the application and apply x8 AA via CCC. After that it was great.

Back
Top Bottom