Upgrades for this mini PC?

Eh another site had a better offer overall, ended up with some GeIL black dragon ram. Hoping this mobo does support 1600mhz ram lol, there's no info on the model of mobo which comes up when I look for what's in the PC. According to sites which let you select the model of PC and then show you compatible ram, they show both 1600mhz and 1333mhz stuff so I'm hoping so.

Is there anything that sits over the RAM inside the case when the cover is closed, or is it open?

Haven't had a look myself, her brother had a look today to tell me what ram was in it, some no=name stuff. He didn't say, why would that require low profile ram? He's fairly competent at PC building so I'd have thought he'd have mentioned anything I'd need to be aware of.

Yea just Googled. Should be no big as there is no heatsink.

aye it's just if the board supports their speed..I am hoping so, unless other sites are mistaken. How likely is it a mobo would only support up to PC10600?

If it doesn't would the RAM literally not work, or would it be forcefully downclocked to 1333mhz speeds? If the latter, would it be functional like this or would it have a negative impact bar not reaching its full potential?

If it doesn't support it then it will just run at 1333. Not a big deal really.

Her brother installed things and had no problem bar needing an adapter cable, I assume a dvi to vga cable.

Only issue is apparently she's having problems playing Sims 2. Her desktop res is fine but she says Sims 2 is only letting her choose a very small resolution, guessing 800x600 or something, so everything looks huge and apparently by the sounds of what she says "no smoothness", things have jagged edges to them. Apparently the option to pick the resolution is greyed out as is some sort of "smoothness" bar, which I assume is the games version of picking the level of AA.

Now since her in-built graphics handled this game there's no way she should be doing worse. Her brother said the computer detected drivers and installed them so he didn't use the CD.

Is it most likely the fact she needs different drivers? I'm going over Tuesday so I'm going to un-install the drivers windows has installed and get the latest version drivers and version of CCC for her card.

Are there any other reasons this could be happening? PC can't power the card for instance? Though I'm not sure why that would cause the game to not allow you to select a higher res..

Back
Top Bottom