Upgraded mobo, cooling, and graphics-- display not working. Please help :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike431635

Beta member
Alright guys, I upgraded my primary computer with a socket 754 mobo & sempron 3400+, 6600GT, 2GB PC2700, and 500W PSU. So, logically, I took my old Socket A mobo and put it in my OTHER computer (still running a Duron 750). I'm having problems with it now.

The old setup:
PCChips M810 motherboard (SiS chipset) - onboard LAN
AMD Duron 750 (not overclocked)
Stock heatsink & fan, no case fans (wth?)
nVidia GeForce 440MX
256MB (2x128MB) old crappy RAM
250W PSU

The new setup:
FIC 1st Mainboard AN11 motherboard
AMD Duron 750 (unlocked it with the pencil trick, still stock clock)
Thermaltake Chrome Orb CPU heatsink/fan
2x 80mm case fans (one in, one out)
nVidia GeForce FX5500
1GB PC2100 RAM
NIC expansion card
450W PSU

Now, I had some issues with hooking up the "light show" in the front of the case (the power switch, HDD LED, speaker, etc). Currently I have it all figured out except the power reset switch, which has been left disconnected until I can find my motherboard manual or get an answer from someone at FIC.

It starts up fine, all the fans work, and I can hear it booting up and going through the startup process (including the floppy beeping), then it idles (I'm assuming at the Windows XP login screen). However, I don't get a display on my monitor at all. I tried the old PSU for the heck of it and it didn't solve my problem. I'm 100% positive there is plenty of air circulation and that the orb is properly seated on the CPU with enough thermal grease to conduct the heat. All the jumpers on the HDD, floppy, and CD-ROM drives were left as they already were and just plugged into the PSU and the motherboard. IDE cables are firmly plugged in, as well as the graphics card.

What could possibly be causing me to get no display? My guess is that I need to go back to the MX440 but then again, I stayed in the nVidia family and they all use the same ForceWare driver. I'm stumped.

Someone, anyone, please help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom