Upgrade time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heronblade

Beta member
I am currently looking for a new power supply and internal Hard Drive for my Dell Dimension 4600. I have a couple of candidates lined up on NewEgg, but my problem is twofold, I quite simply don't know what to look for to determine whether or not this or that component is compatible with my system.

Secondly, there is bound to be a way to directly transfer data from the old HD to the new one, any tips on how?

okay first.... any reason to upgrade power supply? If your old psu can power up your computer then it will power the hard drive just fine.

2nd from this site Dell Dimension 4600 (Pentium 4 2.8GHz, 512MB RAM, 80GB HDD, XP Home) Specs. Desktops Specifications.
it looks like you can have another sata drive.

and lastly, if your new hard drive is retail, it should come with some nice software that transfers old data to new data i know i did when i bought my maxtor 200gb harddrive a 2 years ago. If not then you can always do the manual copy and paste....

Yeah, I need a higher wattage output to make up for the new video card I'm also installing.

And thanks, that's what I needed to know

^^^ Depends on the card. If the OP could link it, we can check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom