Upgrade Suggestions

maymays

Beta member
I recently built a computer for myself for the first time with these specifications:
Motherboard: Gigabyte H97M-HD3
Processor: Intel Core i5-4460
GPU: AMD Radeon (TM) R9 380 Series
Memory: ST1000DM003-1ER162
RAM Ballistix Sport 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
And even though building it was a bunch of fun, i am having some preformance difficulties with this build while gaming i get severe frame difficulties and can barely play during some parts (non-graphically intensive game: League of Legends) and then when trying to play any even decently graphically intensive game i can barely play.
Now the problem that i'm 99.99% sure i have is a heating problem because at sometimes my CPU package can get to be 90 degrees Celsius. and so I ask for water cooling information or generally good fans to help with the problem.
Also, if there is a part i should swap out for something higher power that would really help me get the most of my computer, don't hesitate to make the suggestion (planning on getting a GTX 1070 in the somewhat near future)
Thank you

90c is high on a cpu even gaming. It could be that Amd card running g way to hot. Amd cards have a bad rep for overhating. Now if ur looking to water the cpu, you might want to try a hydro cooler if your case has the room for one. I used a corsair h100i hydro cooler for a long time and it worked really good. Corsair makes good hydro and I think they have ones now a lot better than the h100i.

You might also want to remove the cpu cooler and clean and re paste, the cpu cooler might be lose

You might also want to remove the cpu cooler and clean and re paste, the cpu cooler might be lose

I would suggest doing this first.

Also, what CPU cooler are you using? The stock cooler? Or some other aftermarket air cooler?

Back
Top Bottom