Upgrade Suggestion to slow homebuild... - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > System Upgrades
Closed Thread
Old 06-13-2010, 07:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Unhappy Upgrade Suggestion to slow homebuild...

New to the forums, though was hoping somebody might have some good suggestions on what I can do! Unsure if this is the wrong forum, though if it is, my apologies.

I built my PC awhile back, and it's not too shabby.
CPU: Intel(R) Core2 Duo CPU E6750
Memory: 5.00GB DDR2 1022 RAM
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS 640.0 MB

Some games, I'm fine (and without any lagging, or stuttering...) on the highest settings available, even recent games such as FIFA/NBA 2K10. Though, on some other games, I'm suffering from some god awful lag (FPS below 15... even on lower settings.) Specifically, I'm lagging in All Points Bulletin (with FPS drops down to about 15, regardless of what settings I set the video too.) This game is taking 1GB to run, so I'm wondering if it's memory related.

What would be likely be the cause to this? What piece of hardware would be the best to upgrade to fix this? Is it as expected (the videocard? Or is it something related to my CPU? I thought I have enough ram, and I thought my videocard was decent. But I cannot stand this lag in these games, and hope to fix it soon! :{

Old 06-13-2010, 08:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
Send a message via MSN to MindoverMaster
Default Re: Upgrade Suggestion to slow homebuild...

You would want to get a new GFX card. That's the only thing lacking it. Make sure It isn't overheating as well.
Neowin.net Steam Account
Closed Thread