Hello everyone, i've recently acquired a new PC here. It's a PC I built in my networking class and well.. it was free pretty much. It runs fairly solid and i'd like to use it for some light gaming, but I do want it to run very fast and responsive.
However it only has 256MB of RAM and I do want to upgrade to 2GB or possibly 4GB but i'm not sure if it's even worth it with the processor I have. The processor is the same speed as my laptop and that can run some games fairly well. I ran a test at crucial and it gave me this:
Originally Posted by ..
* Maximum Memory Capacity: 8192 MB
* Currently Installed Memory: 256 MB
* Available Memory Slots: 1
* Number of Banks: 2
* Dual Channel Support: N.A.
* CPU Manufacturer: AuthenticAMD
* CPU Family: AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 3000+ Model 12, Stepping 2
* CPU Speed: 1800 MHz
So basically i'm wondering should I just sell the whole computer and invest in a better processor and overall parts, or would upgrading the RAM be sufficient?