Upgrade problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

babelfish099

Beta member
I'm trying to upgrade a friend of mine's computer with some older parts i had laying around (all the parts worked together with my harddrive) so the only problem is when we plug in his harddrive and load up windows after the opening screen *this one* we get an error message like :
0x0000007e(0xc0000005,0xf77ec750,0xf7a1742c,0xf7a17128)
on a screen similar tothis one

i'm not sure if this matters much but his harddrive was given to him in a dell system Dell Dimension 3000 Media Center
we're using dell ram also, but have tried using other sticks and it did not fix the problem.

I thought maybe a bios issue... but I've never updated a bios before and we couldn't get a dos boot-disk to work (floppy drive's going crazy) and the recommended way from the mainboard manufacturer was this way.

Mainboard being RX480 Neo2-F
didnt get the model off the HD but i know its seagate if that helps anybody

We replaced the ide cable also not the problem... The computer does start in safemode... and after searching decided that it is probably a driver issue, we're going to just reformat the hard drive to try to fix it, if you think this wont fix it please say so... we've run out of ideas...

again Error message..

STOP : 0x0000007e(0xc0000005,0xf77ec750,0xf7a1742c,0xf7a17128)

Perform a repair installation. If the motherboard is not the one that the hrd drive's Window installation was originally for, it will not work. If you do a repair on it, you will be good to go.

Boot from a Windows disk, hit Enter, then F8 (to accept the license). DO NOT use the Repair console, but go like you are going to install Windows. Once it finds the one already installed, choose the repair option ("R") and let it do it's thing. You will need the serial for Windows, but you won't lose anything on your hard drive.

Hey,
Maybe I didn't read over the post thouroughly enough...?
I'm trying to upgrade a friend of mine's computer with some older part i had laying around (all the parts worked together with my harddrive) so the only problem is when we plug in his harddrive and load up windows

What was the 'older part' you were upgrading? The Hard Drive?

I assume you already checked the basics and double checked that all the cables and RAM were seated properly, All appropriate jumpers were set where they needed to be.

What are the specs on the system you are working on?

Have you tried unplugging everything (and running just one stick of RAM you KNOW works) and then plugging things back in one by one, to potentially isolate a bad component?

I assume the system was working properly before the 'upgrade'?

Dr.Dos.

Have you tried trotters advice?

Was the box you had sitting there working before you tried to switch the harddrive?

dr.dos.

tried his advice it didnt work... we jsut reformatted it and it solved the problem thanks for the advice though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom